Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Fever!!!!

"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" 
~~Mark Twain 


We are finally having some nice weather!!  No words can tell you how absolutely elated I am!  The snow is slowly melting leaving lakes of mud, and the mud has never been such a wonderful sight!


  We have been cleaning some things up outside and even got out our bikes!  I have gone bike riding the last two days and its been so nice.  Here is some dog and bicycle art I found, nothing too deep, just some whimsical pieces....






To tell the truth I've been feeling a bit burnt out, just the end of winter blues, but this weather has started to make me feel doggish again!  And when my friend suggested a new, slightly different recipe experiment, I jumped at the chance!  Here is the proposed recipe: Paleo Saffron, Rosewater and Pistachio Ice Cream.
Here is the link to the RECIPE

  

My friend has been experimenting with eating a Paleo diet, which for those of you who don't know what that is, it means you eat like a dog (basically), meat, vegetables and a lot of coconut products (which I admit not many "bone-afide" dogs eat), and no sugar, dairy or grains.  This new Paleo recipe was absolutely delicious!  And the nice thing is you don't
need an ice-cream maker!


  "Under the giving snow blossoms a daring spring."
~~Terri Guillemets




1 comment:

  1. K.D. - You never cease to amaze me - you are one multi-talented puppy. You can ride a bike without peddling! :-)

    ReplyDelete