Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Peter Pan

"Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning!"  And away we go, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of Peter Pan; my personal designer has been busy with rehearsals every day.  She is playing one of the main Lost Boys in the local production, and she has also enjoyed helping to make the set! 


So, all this Peter Pan inspired me to share some of my favorite Peter Pan artwork and quotes!  I think orchids must grow in Neverland, so I will intersperse some photos from the orchid show we saw at the New York Botanical Garden a few years ago.  

Arthur Rackham

Of course, I must share some of my favorite Arthur Rackham Peter Pan paintings!


His Fairies are so otherworldly and serene; they seem so full of movement, but not. 


"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh burst into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies!"
- Peter Pan 




I found this lovely illustration, but I could not find out who painted it.



F.D. Bedford


Here are some of the original illustrations by F. D. Bedford.



"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease 
for ever to be able to do it."



"All the world is made of faith and trust and pixie dust."
- Peter Pan 


2 comments: