Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day.....

Valentine's Day--what a beautiful concept--a day to celebrate love and beauty, and a reminder to tell people that we love them!!  I love Valentine's Day and believe that it doesn't just have to be about couples.  When we were small, it wasn't about telling that "one special someone" that we loved them, it was about telling everyone that we loved them.  The fun was in giving everyone a valentine, still sticky with glue and glitter and getting a hug or a smile in return.  For me, that is the real beauty of Valentine's Day--taking time to remember to say I love you to everyone: your significant other, family, friends, coworkers, yourself, and LIFE!!!!  

Tasha Tudor

Here are some lovely pictures and a poem that remind me of what I love and why life is so delightful when I let it be!! 

Eugenio Zampighi

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height 
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use 
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,--I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

~~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Gustav Klimt

There is such a beautiful dreaminess about Klimt.....And it simply is never Valentine's Day without Tasha Tudor!!!! 


And of course, it is not Valentine's Day without a swing.....hmm? 

Jean Fragonard

As always, Renoir captures the beauty of human nature.  There is a beauty in his paintings that suggests looking past the ordinary into the playful wonder and stillness of the soul.

In the Garden - Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Auguste Renoir

What an utter pleasure to embrace the joy and 
surprise of unlikely friendships!

Elliott Erwitt - Photo 9
Elliot Erwitt

In my furry canine mind, it seems only logical to celebrate all of our loves and passions on Valentine's Day, especially the ones that define who we are!

Here is a passion for light, color and flowers.....

Claude Monet, Water Lilies, 1916, National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo
Water Lilies is a series of approximately 250 oil paintings by French Impressionist Claude Monet (1840–1926). The paintings depict Monet’s flower garden at Giverny and were the main focus of Monet’s artistic production during the last thirty years of his life.
Claude Monet

and for friendly tea parties....

a 1906 tea party

and for creating...

Edward Fielding

and quiet moments...

Jean Fragonard

and especially beauty....

Archivo:Claude Monet, Saint-Georges majeur au crépuscule.jpg
Claude Monet

So this Valentine's Day I invite you to make that lopsided, sticky valentine, spread some glitter and smiles, and love Life!!  


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines Day k.d. to you and your personal designer! 💘. Such a lovely post, your poetry and art work are beautiful and very thoughtful. I agree Valentines Day is about sharing your love with all those around you. It's about being together with your family and friends, having fun, laughter, hugs and of course special treats . I have hosted a few tea parties with my knitting buddies this week,lots of fun! Archie , our two year old Westie, thought this was just such crazy good fun! He needs to work on his etiquette skills though. Have a happy Valentines Day !!!

    ReplyDelete