Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter!!! 



Finally--spring is truly here!  I had a lovely birthday on 
Monday--turning 14 on April 14th in 2014 was a very unique experience!  My personal designer gifted me this stunning little 1920s-inspired dress; it's one of my favorite colors too!  So of course, I will wear it for Easter! 




Here is a bird's eye view of my new dress!



For the past few years, my personal designer and I have been making Pysanky Easter eggs (sometimes called Ukrainian eggs).  It is a very old and long process of layering wax and dye on a hollowed egg to create a beautiful, often complicated design.  Above is a picture of some we made last year. 



For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born.
~~Alice Freeman Palmer


Here are two Pysanky eggs we made this year.


Wishing you all a 
basketful of sweet sunshine!!!!



1 comment: